Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Facts
- Fewer than one-third of out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest victims receive bystander CPR. Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival.
- The American Heart Association trains more than 12 million people in CPR annually, including healthcare professionals and the general public.
- The most effective rate for chest compressions is greater than 100 compressions per minute – the same rhythm as the beat of the BeeGee’s song, “Stayin’ Alive.”
- For further information, see www.Heart.org
- Better yet … take a CPR class from Avra Valley Fire District
CPR Class Information:
Download and fill out the registration form below. Please register at least one week prior to the class. For more information call (520) 682-3255.
Heartsaver courses are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (for example OSHA), or other requirements. The CPR class covers basic first aid instruction as well as resuscitation efforts for both children and adults. This course can be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. All guidelines are in accordance with the American Heart Association. For many Heartsaver courses, students receive a course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
We usually offer a class once per quarter. The next class will be held September 21 , 2018 at Station 194 in Red Rock. The cost of the class is $10 for District residents and $20 for non-District residents.