Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Facts
- Fewer than one-third of out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest victims receive bystander CPR. Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival.
- The American Heart Association trains more than 12 million people in CPR annually, including healthcare professionals and the general public.
- The most effective rate for chest compressions is greater than 100 compressions per minute – the same rhythm as the beat of the BeeGee’s song, “Stayin’ Alive.”
- For further information, see www.Heart.org
- Better yet … take a CPR class from Avra Valley Fire District
CPR Class Information:
Download and fill out the registration form below. Please register at least one week prior to the class. For more information call (520) 682-3255.
We usually offer a class once per quarter. The next class will be in the Fall.
The cost of the class is $10 for District residents and $20 for non-District residents.
A registration form will be available once the date is determined.