AVRA VALLEY FIRE IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
(please click on the “Employment” link to the left for application materials)
BURN PERMITS ARE NOT BEING ISSUED PER STATE ORDER
MOODY’S UPGRADED BOND RATING TO A3.
Dear Avra Valley Fire District residents,
We are aware of the unrelenting cascade of news conferences and press releases from local and national government leaders regarding COVID-19. The firefighters and paramedics who service our community 24/7/365 would like for you to know that from our perspective little has changed.
If you are sick or injured we will take you to the hospital. When there are accidents — we respond. When there are fires — we will be there to put them out. We may look a little different — we may be taking precautions — but it’s still us.
As small businesses close, as restaurants and malls close, as schools close, and everyone is encouraged to stay home, please be assured that we are open for business and available whenever you need us.
The following prevention measures are being taken:
- 911 dispatchers have been and will continue to screen patients who call with related symptoms.
- If COVID-19 is suspected crews will be wearing personal protective equipment such as masks, eye protection, protective sleeves or gowns. The patient exam will be limited to one caregiver. The patient may be instructed to move outside to fresh air.
- If the patient needs to go to the hospital, crews will take steps to create an isolation area in the ambulance and will call ahead to the designated hospital so staff there can be prepared for the patient’s arrival.
- Hospital protocols are prohibiting most visitors and family members from entering the hospitals. You may not be able to accompany family members to the hospital.
- After the call, crews will follow strict decontamination and disinfection protocols.
Be safe, be healthy, and call us if you need us!
In an emergency, please call 911.
For information and updates about the community response to the COVID-19 outbreak please visit 211arizona.org or call 2-1-1