PER COUNTY REGULATIONS:
NO BURN PERMITS WILL BE ISSUED BEGINNING
MAY 1, 2021 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 6, 2021.
MOODY’S UPGRADED BOND RATING TO A3.
Dear Avra Valley Fire District residents,
We are aware of the unrelenting cascade of news conferences and press releases from local and national government leaders regarding COVID-19. The firefighters and paramedics who service our community 24/7/365 would like for you to know that from our perspective little has changed.
If you are sick or injured we will take you to the hospital. When there are accidents — we respond. When there are fires — we will be there to put them out. We may look a little different — we may be taking precautions — but it’s still us.
As small businesses close, as restaurants and malls close, as schools close, and everyone is encouraged to stay home, please be assured that we are open for business and available whenever you need us.
The following prevention measures are being taken:
- 911 dispatchers have been and will continue to screen patients who call with related symptoms.
- If COVID-19 is suspected crews will be wearing personal protective equipment such as masks, eye protection, protective sleeves or gowns. The patient exam will be limited to one caregiver. The patient may be instructed to move outside to fresh air.
- If the patient needs to go to the hospital, crews will take steps to create an isolation area in the ambulance and will call ahead to the designated hospital so staff there can be prepared for the patient’s arrival.
- Hospital protocols are prohibiting most visitors and family members from entering the hospitals. You may not be able to accompany family members to the hospital.
- After the call, crews will follow strict decontamination and disinfection protocols.
Be safe, be healthy, and call us if you need us!
In an emergency, please call 911.
For information and updates about the community response to the COVID-19 outbreak please visit 211arizona.org or call 2-1-1
CURRENTLY HAPPENING IN THE DISTRICT
January 31st, 2021
Congratulations and sincere thanks to Captain Billy Eader on his recent retirement from the fire service. We are so thankful for your 27 years of faithful and dedicated service to the Avra Valley community. You will be missed! Enjoy your retirement!
Thank you Chief Delfs for 10 years of dedicated service to the Avra Valley Fire District!
Congratulations to Vice-Chairman Sara Bauer for giving 10 years of service to the Avra Valley Fire District and to Director Armendarez for giving 5 years of service. Thank you for your dedication to the Avra Valley family. In November 2020, Chairman Luis Castaneda, Jr., and Vice-Chairman Sara Bauer were re-elected to the Board of Directors for Avra Valley Fire District. The Honorable Vince Roberts conducted their swearing-in at the Board meeting on December 17, 2020.
The Avra Valley Fire District honored Firefighter Ralph Hirales with the 2020 Firefighter of the Year award. We are so thankful for your years of service to the District.
Congratulations to Firefighter Chris George who was recently promoted to Captain. Great job, Chris!
We are so proud of the following firefighters for achieving milestones in their careers. Congratulations to Captain Lyle Kennedy on completely 20 years of service to the District. What an accomplishment! Captain Mark Velasquez, Direfighter Mike Ryder and District mechanic recently completed 10 years of service. And, Paramedic Adrian Koch completed 5 years of service. A huge thank you to everyone for your deciation and service to the Avra Valley family. Way to go!
The Avra Valley Fire District is proud to welcome 15 personnel to the family. Congratulations on your badge pinning January 28, 2021!
Welcome to the Family! Paramedic Jeffrey Little and Paramedic Jadd Sarah. Congratulations on your badge pinning August 28, 2020.
Congratulations to Paramedic Tony Lopez for 5 years of service to the District. Thank you!! And, congratulations to Captain Dan Coody for his Award of Service and to Captain David Collings for his Award of Merit. We are so proud of our Avra family!!!
Avra Valley Fire District received a 100 Club Grant for swift water gear. Take a look at the new equipment.
Our firefighters took third place in the annual chili cookoff. Way to go Avra!
After a rigorous testing process, Firefighter David Collings was recently promoted to Captain. Congratulations and way to go!
Congratulations for Captain Mike Tharp, Firefighter David Collings, Paramedic Karsten Lippert and Firefighter Chris George on 5 years of outstanding service to the District. We really appreciate you!
Unit citation awards were issued for:
(1) a large scale motor vehicle accident on I10 in December 2018 involving 6 vehicles and the transporting of 8 patients. The incident lasted over 7 hours.
(2) the successful technical rescue of an individual trapped under a vehicle. And, Northwest Hospital recognized our firefighters who successfully transported an individaul having an MI from their front door to the hospital cath lab in 28 minutes.